Thursday, January 31, 2008

Scary Dancing People

I've been checking weather.com a lot lately because it's the Midwest and it's Winter and I like to know what kind of freezing temperature, storm, or crazy bursts of wind I'll be driving through on the way home.

The weather.com site has lots of banner ads that show icons of little dancing people. Have you seen these ads? They show a little person caught in a freaky dancing loop that's supposed to grab your attention. (You can try to view one here. You may have to scroll down the page or refresh it a few times to catch the dancers.)

I cannot stand the dancing people. They scare me. Something about their repetitive gyrations is so obnoxious and unnatural that I must look away. They're like the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to me. I can't explain why I have such a response.

Do these dancing people creep out anyone else?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, heck, yes. I especially hate the dancing aliens -- those are really freaky-looking.

Anonymous said...

They should replace them with the dancing hamster from days of yore.

http://www.hampsterdance.com/classorig.html

Rebecca said...

Deedle-dee-da-dee-dee-doo-doo . . .

*spins around in circle*